SONOS PLAYBAR TV Wireless Soundbar Review
The Playbar does an excellent job of creating a virtual surround sound effect. It makes you feel as if you have a home theatre system. Moreover it can be connected to other Sonos devices and expanded to a true 5.1 system.
The SONOS PLAYBAR TV Soundbar can be hung flat against the wall by courtesy of the keyhole brackets on the back of the equipment. The Sonos designers also decided to remove the individual remote for the system. The Playbar can be programmed to accept signals from your existing television remote. The Playbar might be expensive but it the best in class equipment.
- It has a simple, single-cable setup and you can place it anywhere in your room.
- It has a powerful, realistic sound for your TV with nine amplified speakers that give you the illusion that you have a lot of speakers around you.
- It has a wireless speaker that streams music directly from Internet or computer.
- You can expand it to 3.1 or 5.1 surround sound by adding Sonos SUB and Sonos rear speakers.
- Extremely convenient to connect. It contains only two cords – one power cord and one optical cord. You do not have to spend hours figuring out how to connect the systems and get your sound bar to work.
- It can connect and sync with other SONOS speakers wirelessly. You can connect it to other SONOS speakers and assemble a full 5.1 surround system. The Bluetooth connectivity of this device is impressive.
- It enhances and complements the sound of your HDTV. The sound fills up the entire room and gives an impression of surround sound. You will feel like there are speakers all around your room, even when there aren’t.
- It is easy on the eyes and also compact.
- IR reception of the device is excellent. You do not need to worry about keeping the device in range.
- It will play anything that can be connected to your TV.
- SONOS includes its own remote.
- There are other products in the market which provide airplay at a much cheaper rate. People who are new to SONOS might not be as impressed as existing SONOS customers.
- You will not experience the quality of surround sound with this equipment. Although it is much more advanced than regular sound bars, it still isn’t comparable to 5.1 surround systems.
- Screws are not present for mounting purposes. Holes in the equipment are present.
- You may experience problems during the configuration of the device with your TV. Several messages appear on the TV screen and it might get a little annoying.
- If you wish to transform your Playbar into a full-on surround sound system, then you need to have internet connectivity.
The SONOS Playbar may appear expensive, but it is all justified because it is not just another sound bar. It has a lot extra options that are generally not included in common sound bars. It’s sound quality and features are much better than any other sound bars available in this range. It supports a lot of cool and exciting software. We can say that SONOS lived up to its reputation with the Playbar.