Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III Review
Bose has been a major contender in the audio business since 1964. And the Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III is slated to live up to the high Bose standards and offer better sound quality than its competitors. Knowing Bose, this is does not seem like a tall claim; but let us delve into the nitty-gritty of it and decide for ourselves.
- It weighs about 1.4 kilos. It is much smaller than the usual Bose speakers.
- It is fully wireless, Bluetooth enabled. Thus it is portable.
- It has an excellent battery life. You can listen to 14 hours of music on the Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III.
- Its range for wireless connectivity is a superb 9 meters.
- Its original body is grey but it comes with a wide range of interchangeable covers. These covers have playful colors and modern designs.
Advantages & What’s Good
Design: The design of the Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III is deceptively simple. It has an ‘antiquey’ and valuable look which can be jazzed up by its covers. Its rectangular shape makes it easy to store or carry around. It has very few buttons which would be a blessing for those people who do not like their gadgets to be unnecessarily complicated.
Sound: Its sound quality lives up to the Bose benchmarks. Even at loud volumes, it does not screech or break. This makes the higher volume capacity a beneficial feature!
Performance: For the average music listener, the output of the Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III is perfect. It balances voice and sound quite pleasantly. Some of the more ardent audio fanatics may feel the sound quality lacks a certain ‘punch’ but this is highly subjective.
Battery: When on the go, there is nothing like a long battery life; and this speaker delivers on its promise regarding easy portability. Fourteen hours is very good considering it has Bluetooth as well.
What Can Be Improved
- The Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III lacks any major flaws. Most of its disadvantages are just nitpicks.
- The divergence from the audio quality of the Soundlink Bluetooth Speaker II may be considered as detriment by some users. But this opinion is certainly not universal.
- The sound isn’t as clear at high frequencies as its predecessor, but this aspect is hardly noticeable.
- It does not have a USB port and hence can only be charged with its adapter.
Probably the biggest shortcoming of the Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III is its price. At $300, it is an expensive instrument. The market is flooded with cheaper Bluetooth speakers from companies like OontZ and Philips.
The music quality provided by this speaker is phenomenal compensates for its price. It is pristine and disturbance free just as promised by Bose. Many speakers in the market have a similar price but possess lesser features like the Denon HEOS range. If the cost is not an issue, the Bose SoundLink Bluetooth Speaker III would the one to go with.