Belkin Hands-Free Bluetooth Car Kit Review
The Belkin Hands-Free Bluetooth Car Kit for iPhone and iPod allows you to receive calls and listen to music by connecting your phone to your car stereo. It is the ultimate solution that provides hands-free calling, and also allows you to listen to music and radio.
- It is enabled with Bluetooth wireless technology.
- It is seamlessly able to switch between incoming calls and music.
- The microphone is enabled with echo cancellation.
- You need to plug it into the AUX cable.
- It comes with micro-CLA power adapter and USB power port
- No installation is needed for this kit. You just need to connect it to the AUX output and pair it via Bluetooth. It takes only seconds to pair it with the device.
- It has a light ring that informs you when there are incoming calls. You can place the device within your reach and easily take calls.
- Microphone picks up sound from all corners of the car. The mic is extremely sensitive and picks up the sound correctly.
- You can attach the device magnetically anywhere on the dashboard.
- The audio quality is excellent for both music and calls.
- You can easily adjust the wires in your car, controls are extremely simple.
- Works great with the iPhone Siri. It can be used to handle calls and listen to music.
- You just have to get in the car, press the activation button, and you’re good to go.
- The music pauses when you receive a call, and starts playing again when you hang up.
- When you turn your car off, the device will turn off automatically. Also, the music will stop playing on your phone. When you turn your car back on, the music will start playing from right where it had stopped.
- You can even listen to the FM/AM with this device. You just to select the appropriate option on your car stereo.
- You can also use GPS with the Belkin. When the GPS has to give you instructions, the music will fade and turn back on as soon as the instructions are over.
- The device will automatically shut down if it is unused for 10 minutes to save power.
- This device has long wires. You may have a hard time in adjusting them in your car.
- There may be a slight humming while playing music. You will have to install an additional filter to get rid of this problem.
- The auxiliary input jack needs to be really close to the USB jack. Otherwise, you will not be able to plug this device in. This will defeat the whole purpose of buying a Belkin in the first place.
- You might experience some issues with the noise suppression.
- It doesn’t connect automatically. You will have to hold the pairing button for some time to reconnect it.
- You can only pair this device with one phone.
- If you press the call button for too long, it will un-pair your phone.
- It distorts the voice commands of Siri. You may find it easier to use Siri without this device.
If you can figure out a place to tuck the wires, the device will work well for you. It is priced well at $79.99. All the features are available at the press of a button. It works just as advertised and will meet your expectations.